Posts Tagged ‘chocolate’
- In: Cooking Classes Open
- Comments Off on Guess what I made?
“So, what,” you yawn?
- These were from a PACKAGE! Store bought, frozen waffles! In MY freezer… something wrong somewhere…
- Still, convenient… if you’re tall enough to reach the ‘conveniently wrapped’ packages from the bottom of the chest freezer… (step stool helped.)
- Struggled opening package; what is this plastic made of anyway? Use scissors. Try to pull only two out (suggested serving size), four tumble to the counter.
- Push two into toaster; two back… back! Back I say! Back… in package.
- Tossed remainder in kitchen freezer.
- Set toaster to high (it doesn’t brown all that well any more) and push ‘frozen’ button.
- Flush. (Who coined that term; ‘flush?)
- They are HOT when the pop – be careful!!!
- Decide to coat waffle in jam; one in raspberry, the other in strawberry.
- Holes are deep enough to count as mini-canyons! Put jam away in fridge… hey? I wonder…
- Pull out CANNED WHIPPED CREAM… (what is the world coming to; who did the shopping last???)
- Tilt head, grin and… swirl whipped cream on top of jam!
- One swirled from the outside-in, the other from the inside-out…
- Took photo, cause they were so purdy…
Actually a really satisfying, FAST dessert to finish off practically any meal, ‘cept maybe breakfast…? LOL.
Thinking the addition of chocolate drizzled over top of the whipped cream would have been perfect. Well, at least I have something to look forward to!
And for a ‘fancy-shmancy’ dessert add some toasted almonds or fresh berries!
Who wasn’t prepared for the girls to show up for tea?! Fancy ‘em out! LOL
I think I’m going to keep some frozen waffles in my freezer and whipped cream in my fridge!
I’ll NEVER be able to keep chocolate…
PS: Store bought waffles tasted okay; don’t know how they’d taste with syrup… Store bought whipped cream needs to be served and eaten quite soon after spraying. Falls within 15-minutes… Still, I suppose, if I had fifteen minutes I would have made home made waffles to start with!
Okay, you got me; I had 15-minutes to spare… I was looking for a quick ‘snack’… this just happened! But if you don’t have time to spare, or burned the dessert for the dinner party… I think it would make a quick save!